siska..i believe this is the artist's work i have purchased in 1974...
i lived in sydney in 1974 and my partner  barry and i set out back packing in
june 1974 ..
bus overland to darwin, flew to east timor..spent 2 weeks in dilli..
2 weeks in bali...then onto indonesia... was going to go to sumatra and java...
 travelled by train from jakarta to  thailand... mainly spent about 2 weeks in
each location...
indonesia seems now like a haze after all these years.....
from thailand to london then 3 week bus tour around europe..
since then i have been in may 2005 to beijing, helsinki, tallinn, berlin and
hong kong..
in 2006 and 2008 did 16 days  garden and temple tours through out china where
few westerners have been with a renowned australian botanist, peter valder
i migrated to australia from germany in 1949..my estonian parents fled the
russians from tallinn in 1944..
i am a retired art high school teacher
i became interest in zen buddhism in my early 20's
  merle

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2002/11/23/amri-yahya-a-batik-trailblazer.html