Siska,<br/><br/>I have a good friend in Jakarta. She follows Islam and is quite
aware of the work of the Sufis. We sometimes discuss the poems of Rumi (of
course!) and look for similarities between Islam and Buddhism. Although we see
eye to eye on much in our conversations, I can't imagine her ever giving up
Islam. What brought you to Vipassana in a country where the local religion is
so strong? Also, which tradition do you follow? I prefer the Goenka 'scanning'
approach, rather than the 'noting' method of the forest tradition.