Hi Koen, please take a look to this archived mail that explains how
farmguardian and zen work.

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=BLU164-W39A7180399A764E10E6183C7280%40phx.gbl&forum_name=zenloadbalancer-support

And then you confirm us that after 30 seconds of recovery and with clients
trying to connect your problem persist or not.

Regards

2012/5/7 Koen Gysemans <gysm...@gmail.com>

> Hi Guys,
>
> I'm setting up a Zen Loadbalance cluster to loadbalance my Exchange
> CAS array (2 servers). When I was test the failover of the CAS, i did
> notice that Zen loadbalancer did not see when the CAS member was up
> and running again after a reboot of the CAS member. I configured
> farmguard, but still the connection stays down (status RED). If i run
> the check_http of check_tcp command from the console they give no
> error.
>
> HTTPS_farmguardian.log
>
>        checking:
>                farmname: HTTPS
>                timeout: 5
>                blacklist: 30
>                timetocheck: 5
>                portadmin: 16645
>                server[0]: 192.168.0.72:443
>                server[1]: 192.168.0.73:443
>                check: check_http -I HOST -p PORT
> --url='https://mail.xxxxxxxxx.xxx/owa' -S
>
> execution in Mon May  7 15:01:50 2012 ::
>                server[0]: 192.168.0.72:443
> **execution OK in server 0
> errorcode: 0
>                server[1]: 192.168.0.73:443
> **execution OK in server 1
> errorcode: 0
>

> Farm settings:
>
> Farm's name: HTTPS
>
> Load Balance Algorithm.: Round Robin: equal sharing
>
> Enable client ip address persistence through memory.: yes
>
> Max number of clients memorized in the farm0 2049
>  client-time(sec, 0=always): 0
>
> Backend response timeout secs.: 5
>
> Max number of simultaneous connections that manage in Virtual IP: 10000
>
> Max number of real ip servers: 10
>
> Add X-Forwarded-For header to http requests.: yes
>
>  Frequency to check resurrected backends.: 10
>

>  Use FarmGuardian to check Backend Servers.: yes
> Check every  5  seconds.
> Command to check: check_http -I HOST -p PORT
> --url='https://mail.xxxxxxxxx.xx/owa' -S
>  Active logs: yes
>
> Farm Virtual IP and Virtual port: 192.168.0.74
>

> Any suggestion ?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Koen Gysemans

Load balancer distribution - Open Source Project
http://www.zenloadbalancer.com
Distribution list (subscribe): zenloadbalancer-support@lists.sourceforge.net