On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 10:53 PM, Marten Feldtmann
<itli...@schrievkrom.de>wrote:

> I read those eMails, but it is still not clear for me, what is possible
> and what is NOT possible using the epgm protocol (practically).
>
> Are there some DO or DO NOT regarding this issue ?

Practically, it's fine to do that, it just requires being aware of whether
you're on the same host as the broadcaster. What I would be inclined to do
is to create a publisher which binds() both an PGM socket and an IPC or TCP
socket. Any clients can check for the existence of the IPC socket first
(which would indicate they're on a local host to the publisher) and
connect() to that, else connect() to the PGM multicast address.

Ian