Hi Stefan,

Are you connecting SUB to PUB via some firewall or proxy, or is this a
direct connection?

Also, is the publisher silent for long periods of time?

The reason I ask is that we've seen connections going 'stale'
sometimes; TCP not reporting an error at the client side but not
transmitting anything. It's due to some proxy in the middle getting
confused, presumably.

If this is happening, consider sending keep-alive messages from PUB to
SUB, which the SUB can discard (but must subscribe to, in 3.2).

-Pieter