There's NullMQ, although I'm not sure of its status:
https://github.com/progrium/nullmq

In my opinion, all a web application really needs is request/response
and pubsub, and you already have request/response in the form of HTTP.
So, the only thing missing is a one-way (server->client) publish
mechanism, and there are a number of ways to do that (Socket.io rooms,
Faye, Pushpin, etc).

Chaining socket.io's rooms stuff to a zeromq XSUB socket might be a nice
afternoon project for you. :)