On 12/31/2013 01:05 PM, Bjorn Reese wrote:
> On 12/31/2013 03:19 AM, Pieter Hintjens wrote:
>
>> It is a delicate process to decide what problems are really worth
>> solving. Throwing money into the process when that money isn't backed
>> by business needs is IMO counterproductive.
>
> This is a general argument that is not specific to GSoC.
>
> If you cannot conceive of any GSoC projects that will support any
> business needs, then you can consider it an opportunity to prototype
> some ideas.
[snip]
> Many participating organization use GSoC as an opportunity to increase
> their pool of active contributors, rather than increasing their code
> base.

Let's not be silly, if we can have some contributions then we would
welcome that, right? Why should we care how it's conceived as long as it
meets the project's requirements.

If there are people willing to mentor inside the community than we
should put all lights on green and await the proposals.

The UDP transport could be a suitable candidate for a project that could
use mentoring? What about DSCP and/or SCTP mentioned in another thread.
What about Zyre ported to the new TIPC transport? What about Edgenet?
Android anyone?

Just saying,

Arnaud
--