Hi Devs,

This is my thuesday morning stupid question: say I have a socket on which I send a message, and just after I put a receive on this same socket in the code. What prevents in libzmq to receive the message I have just sent ?

Let's raise the question differently, what prevents zmq_proxy to loop indefinitely since what it receives on socket A, it sends it on socket B, and vice versa ?

socket A                                        socket B
   | ______________________\______________________ |
   |/                      /                      \|
   |                                               |
   |\______________________/______________________/|
   |                       \                       |
    zmq_proxy(A,B)does not loop on itself like this

Why does it manage to work like this:

socket A                                        socket B
   |       |

zmq_proxy(A,B)does what it is expected to do, yeah !

Can I chain: zmq_proxy(A,B); zmq_proxy(B,C), zmq_proxy(C,D), assuming I start them in different threads ?

Cheers,

Laurent