Hi Pieter,

Thanks for zmq.. we are loving using it in our clustered HA storage product.

I regret that my C skills are rusty enough that I'd not presume to suggest
a patch suitable across your target environment(s)  :)

Best I can do is to pass along my compiler/OS details - we are pretty
mainstream..

$ uname -a
Linux dcheney.peaxy.net 2.6.32-358.23.2.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Oct 16
18:37:12 UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

$ gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 4.4.7 20120313 (Red Hat 4.4.7-3)

Is this something I can look to ZMQ to patch?  and if so when might I
expect that... I need to handle if I will be maintaining a local patch.

best regards,
Dave