From: zeromq-dev-boun...@lists.zeromq.org
[mailto:zeromq-dev-boun...@lists.zeromq.org] On Behalf Of Michi Henning
Sent: Sunday, April 13, 2014 7:41 PM
To: ZeroMQ development list
Subject: Re: [zeromq-dev] [pyzmq] Cython vs CFFI backends

I just went through a similar experience. In my case, the problem was that
close()
wasn't called from the same thread that created the socket.

You may find the explanations here useful:

http://zeromq.org/whitepapers:0mq-termination

Debugging these hands is a real pain. Is there anything that could be added to
the Zmq API
to make this easier? For example, getting a list of unclosed sockets would be
ultra-useful,
as would be warnings if a socket is closed from a thread other than the one
that created it.

Cheers,

Michi.

On 14 Apr 2014, at 8:29 , Alexander S.