On 19 February 2016 at 12:29, Osiris Pedroso <opedr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I work in Windows mostly, so when I see something that happens in Windows, I
> don't assume same is happening in Linux.
>
> I making some changes to compilation of libzmq in Windows and I wanted to
> make sure my changes do not break the Linux builds.
>
> So I got an Ubuntu 14.04 LTS VM and after 20+ years of Windows only
> development had a fun time figuring it out how to make things happen there.
>
> Anyways, I got the latest libzmq and see that the same tests that fail in
> Windows also fails in Linux (before any of my changes).
>
> The failing tests are:
> FAIL: tests/test_large_msg
> XFAIL: tests/test_req_correlate
> XFAIL: tests/test_req_relaxed
>
> All these failures generate core dumps.
>
> PS: Can anybody tell me what is the difference between a FAIL and a XFAIL?

XFAIL in autoconf/automake is an expected failure (it's marked as such
in the Makefile.am). It will not make the whole "make check" fail.

The other test works fine on my machine and on Travis at the moment so
I wouldn't worry about it, might be an intermittant failure:
https://travis-ci.org/zeromq/libzmq

Kind regards,
Luca Boccassi