On 21 March 2016 at 08:15, Aaron Koolen-Bourke <aaronkoo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all.

> Thing is, from what I can tell I then need to move to polling and not
> blocking receives, which not only keeps the thread busy looping, but seems
> to be quite expensive (There seems to be a sleep timer in there or some
> such). This just kills performance. Is there any support for a completely
> event driven system in ZMQ/CZMQ?

Hi Aaron,

CZMQ uses libzmq's poll APIs, which depending on your system will pick
out the best option to poll on file descriptors. On Linux for example
it will use epoll, on Windows it will use select and so on. So there's
no busy looping, so don't worry about performances.

Sorry but I'm not sure about the HWM issue, hopefully someone else can
give their 2c on that.

Kind regards,
Luca Boccassi