On 9/05/16 21:45, Kevin Sapper wrote:
[1] https://github.com/zeromq/libzmq/releases/tag/v4.0.2-test

Thanks for automating this.  It looks great.

This gives us two downloads per release (each in .tar.gz and .zip):

https://github.com/zeromq/libzmq/releases/download/v4.0.2-test/zeromq-4.2.0.tar.gz
-- the Travis generated tarball (which I assume is prepared ready for "./configure, make, make install")

https://github.com/zeromq/libzmq/archive/v4.0.2-test.tar.gz
-- the GitHub auto-generated tarball from that release tag (which I assume is what a git clone would give you, so a few extra steps required).

So downloaders can choose the one they want. (Including .zip file variations of both.)

Also of note, both URLs include a filename at the end, so "wget" automatically does the right thing with the downloaded files (I just tested).

Ewen