i started banging away sort of at this:

https://github.com/wesyoung/pyzyre
https://github.com/wesyoung/pyczmq

these leverage what pyzmq did in terms of “build the C stuff from source and
embed the .so locally, use the generated c-bindings on top of that” (made some
patches to zproject to load a local .so properly).

there’s still a ways to go; but idea being you could get czmq / zyre bindings
from a pip command (testing that is about where i’m at..)

also; adds “pyczmq|pyzyre” into the mix as a module so we can build more
“pythonic” abstractions on top czmq|zyre while still providing the low level
stuff “as is” (you can still 'import czmq; ..’)

i’m also assuming by “package management” you’re meaning RPM|PPA, etc.. but
wanted to throw in pip as well.

fwiw..

--
wes