Hey all… I am attempting to build libzmq and czmq on Windows using MinGW-64. My
use case is that I need to build static libraries and then link them to my
application code. I have not worked with C for over 15 years so I am entirely
clueless with this stuff. I’ve installed MSYS2/MINGW64 and updated all the
appropriate packages. Running autogen/configure —enable-static/make produces
various compile errors, most of which I was able to work around, but it fails
at the link step for some of the tools which have main methods. I also tried
the cmake build but didn’t get very far with that.

Are there directions somewhere on how to do this? I’ve found so much
conflicting information that I don’t know where to begin. I’ve been down
numerous blind alleys that aren’t even worth mentioning. What is the best way
to proceed?

Thanks in advance!