iirc: the way the PING/PONG works- if nodes don’t see traffic from each-other
in 5s (?) they send an EVASIVE up the stack and send a PING/PONG. so if you’re
nodes are NOT “chatty” you may see lots of these if you don’t adjust the timers.

you may want to fiddle with the TIMEOUTs.

https://github.com/zeromq/zyre/blob/master/api/zyre.api#L63

an ex in python:

https://github.com/wesyoung/pyzyre/blob/master/pyzyre/_client_task.py#L13

as far as EXITs, i forget off hand but i don’t think they are required(?) may
have to double check the protocol. i *think* LEAVE is required for when you
LEAVE a group, but EXIT may be something different.

are you doing this using one of the bindings? or C itself?

--
wes
wesyoung.me