Hi all,

I am trying to use zmq_msg_init_data in order to have the zero-copy advantage.

Now it is required, that I either pass a function, that can deallocate the data
after zmq sent it, or I pass NULL in order to keep the ownership.

In the latter case: How do I know that zmq has done his work and I can
deallocate the data?

Another idea was to pass a lambda function (with a capture) to zmq, in order to
make zmq send a signal by calling the lambda function. The problem is, that it
is not allowed to pass lambda functions with captures as function pointers and
without captures, I have no clue how zmq could pass the signal.

Maybe somebody of you now already have an idea?

The general idea is:

My robotic application keeps some sensor values for a while and sends some of
the values to other robots via zmq. Therefore I don't want the data to be
copied and I don't want zmq to deallocate it. I want my own application to
deallocate it, if it is not needed anymore and zmq did send everything.

Greetings,

  Stephan

--
Distributed Systems Research Group
Stephan Opfer  T. +49 561 804-6280  F. +49 561 804-6277