On Tue, 13 Feb 2018 13:17:29 +0000
Luca Boccassi <luca.bocca...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2018-02-13 at 13:36 +0100, Benjamin Henrion wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Do you know if zyre could be used here:
> >
> > https://github.com/freifunk/projects.freifunk.net-contents/blob/maste
> > r/collections/_projects/local_network_phone_app.md
> >
> > Basically for a network where there is no central phone server
> > (asterisk, freeswitch), and people should be able to call each
> > other...
> >
> > Best,
>
> IPv6 support is there for *NIX (IIRC not implemented on Windows) so it
> might work, your mileage might vary depending on the network itself.

I guess so, their setup is limited to the local subnet or layer 2 network. If
using zyre with multicast you could cross subnets. But this depends on the
network configuration.

Other possibility is to use gossiping but this requires some bootstrapping
which in turn means you'd have to know an address of at least one node. This
could be a social thing as well though!

Rg,

Arnaud
--