Hi,
personally I think that a 'qt' wrapper like Nzmqt does not add
extraordinary value to a project.
you can either interface the qt event loop, or simply add a timer, to
access you plain zmq(hpp) sockets.
you can than selfe decide how much time you spend on waiting for a message
and what to do.
this gives you less magic, but more control.

/Harald