On Sun, 2018-06-03 at 23:28 -0400, vincent freedom wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'd like to use Client-Server pattern but I've ran into an issue.
>
> First of all, is this pattern ready to be used in production?
>
> The zmq_socket doc page does not say that it's in draft phase,
> however
> zmq.h says ZMQ_SERVER and ZMQ_CLIENT are "DRAFT Socket types". Hence,
> is it
> draft or is it released?
>
> Second, I wrote a test code that compiles but fails to run with the
> error,
> which I do not know why
> happens because I do pass ZMQ_BUILD_DRAFT_API variable to compiler.
>
> Here is the error:
> Assertion failed: socket_type >= 0 && socket_type < (int) names_count
> (src/mechanism.cpp:110)
> Assertion failed: socket_type >= 0 && socket_type < (int) names_count
> (src/mechanism.cpp:110)
> Aborted
>
> Here the code, with the build command at the top:
> https://pastebin.com/z5zUCAub
>
> I am running Debian Testing Buster and ZMQ is Current 0MQ version is
> 4.2.5,
> which I installed
> from Debian repository.
>
> Could someone help me with this,
> TY!

It's DRAFT. The manpages were updated recently.

The DRAFT APIs are disabled in distribution builds as they are, well,
draft.

You can use our repositories which have DRAFT-enabled builds if you
like, follow instructions here (Debian Next == Debian Buster):

https://software.opensuse.org/download.html?project=network%3Amessaging%3Azeromq%3Arelease-draft&package=libzmq3-dev

Of course note that DRAFT means the API/ABI might get incompatible
changes at any time without any prior notice and thus break your
application.

--
Kind regards,
Luca Boccassi