Take a look at the setsockopt() call:

ZMQ_IDENTITY: Set socket identity

The *ZMQ_IDENTITY* option shall set the identity of the specified *socket* when
connecting to a ROUTER socket. The identity should be from 1 to 255 bytes
long and may contain any values.
If two clients use the same identity when connecting to a ROUTER, the
results shall depend on the ZMQ_ROUTER_HANDOVER option setting. If that is
not set (or set to the default of zero), the ROUTER socket shall reject
clients trying to connect with an already-used identity. If that option is
set to 1, the ROUTER socket shall hand-over the connection to the new
client and disconnect the existing one.
Option value type binary data
Option value unit N/A
Default value NULL
Applicable socket types ZMQ_REQ, ZMQ_REP, ZMQ_ROUTER, ZMQ_DEALER.

On Fri, Aug 24, 2018 at 2:28 PM, Sam Stein <sam.st...@tempustechnologies.com