Hello,

I should clarify that we are using ZeroMQ version 4.1.1.

From: Jamie Stewart <ja...@otcmarkets.com>
Date: Wednesday, January 30, 2019 at 3:47 PM
To: ZeroMQ development list <zeromq-dev@lists.zeromq.org>
Cc: Matteo <matteo.brich...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [EXT] Re: [zeromq-dev] Question about High Water and EPGM

Thank you Matteo,

We are configuring the Pub/Sub EPGM send and receive sockets to hwm=0, send and
receive buffers to 2621440. The host seems to have plenty of memory.

What is the expected behavior for a Pub/Sub pair with bursty sender, slow
receiver, and both high-water marks set to 0? Should we see intermittent packet
loss rather than the receiver abruptly stopping receiving from that sender?

If a high-water violation occurs, is there a way to learn about it through the
ZeroMQ Java API? Is the only way for the receiver to resume receiving from the
sender to close the socket and make a new one?

Sorry for so many questions, and thank you for your advice,

   -Jamie Stewart