Hey all,

For people into Zyre there's a PR request about the evasive event. I think it needs more eyes and minds. I haven't used zyre in a while so I'm not too much into it. Anybody any feedback?

See: https://github.com/zeromq/zyre/pull/643

`As a developer I would expect zyre to maintain its p2p network brilliantly and inform me if something is (or may be) wrong. Honestly, the current EVASIVE event just telling me that a manual ping was necessary because a peer is quiet does not seem as useful as the other events which are all perfectly relevant. I intend to use zyre in gossip mode later on (which will require some fixing to catch agents exiting without the beacons) and this discussion about an agent being there or not will become critical.

The other way to analyse the problem is to check how EVASIVE is used at the moment... and maybe if it used at all. My experience is that since its introduction in a stable version, not once was is useful in real-world cases for me.`

I know we always merge pull requests and resolve in time but still I'm not sure this is needed?

Rg,

Arnaud