Hi Francesco,
the current API docs are indeed served by wikidot. There is a repo
https://github.com/zeromq/ztools which updates the docs. I do have the
permissions to logon and perform the update. I'll do the update sometime
next week.

In regards to the look&feel of the API docs we can all agree they are
outdated and wikidot itself is a dead platform that is no longer maintained.

If you like you can have a look at how the wikidot syntax is generated in
the ztools project and then try to generate markdown or asciidoc instead.