That's just what Wikipedia says, which has the 'standard' view regarding
anything.

There ARE actually scientific articles showing that certain homeopathic
principles, however strange sounding, do work.

For example homeopaths add some substance to water then dilute it, dilute it
again and over and over to such an extent that in the final dilution one may
not be able to see even one molecule of the added substance. So how could it
work? But scientific articles show that this water is different in some way
from just normal water.

The British royal family has it's own homeopaths!

The other part is that the body itself is the biggest healing agent and is
constantly fixing itself. But sometimes the self-healing process breaks down.
In homeopathy the practitioner takes an incredle amount of interest in every
little detail of the patient's life and every little habit, every little
feeling.- not the 5 minute allopathic visit. This might get the patient
awakened to himself/herself and may reactivate the self-healing.

I myself have not had much luck with homeopathy. But my mother's sister took up
homeopathy with great intensity in middle age and set up a clinic. After a
while she became a sensation as news of healing of incurables began to spread.
One case was a woman who had advanced breast cancer with suppurating sores who
had been given up on by the allopaths but who was completely healed. Later she
abruptly stopped her practice due to personal reasons and for more than a year
my mother was besieged with calls from people desperately trying to seif she
could persaude my aunt to look at their problems.

Then there is the other part which Wikipedia will also deny has any validity -
but I've found in my aunt's case and in the case of a friend's wife who is a
long time Ayurvedic practitioner (which also involves taking very extensive
case history) that it might have something to do with the medical practitioner.
The 'Healing Touch' so to say. So some practitioners will be quite useless
while others accomplish near-miracles.

That make it quite complicated. WIth allopathy it is quite impersonal. Anyone
can take 2 500 mg. tablets of paracetamol and the headache will be gone. For
now anyway. And if you do it regularly it will have negative effects on the
liver. The point is it doesn't matter if you believe in paracetamol or not.

 I think with homeopathy one can't say my cousin's homeopath prescribed Mag.
Phos. so I'll skip the long consultation and just buy some and take it