I remember once reading a collection of papers compiled by Claude Alvares in
the 80s, about the devastating effects of the green revolution in the
Punjab. The book might still be in the Central Library.
Guha probably drew a lot of his information from those very studies. Some
analysts have also linked the Punjab violence of the 80s to the green
revolution.

Jogesh

The only gift is giving to the poor,  All else is exchange.
-Thiruvalluvar