Dear friends,
  "Ambedkar Scholarships" is honored to recognize a rare and Iron girl Ms
Sheetal of Maharashtra. She was a world 5th and India's 1st champion in Karate.

  Though some expressed the sagacity of help her, I feel, it is very much
needed. We need to encourage all round development of Dalits. We need leaders
in every field. It is a necessity to help such children who make a mark on
society despite all odds against them – social, financial, familial etc. When I
spoke to her, I was certain that it is a good decision to help her.

  In the past, we recognized another young brother of ours from Punjab for his
activism in Dalit issues as a student, thanks to Jai Birdi of Canada.

  We continue to do so in future, if some one refer us of such rare achievers
among us. Not only education, we should encourage our children in all fields …
athletics, fine art, music, writing, acting …. and what not?

  We mailed a cheque for Rs.5,000 on Dec 10, 2006. Her details along with the
scanned copy of the cheque is available at our website
www.ambedkarscholarship.org for everyone to see.

  I thanks Br Hadke to refer us this Iron girl and giving us a opportunity to
help her. "Ambedkar Scholarships" wish her all the best in her future.

  With regards
  Benjamin

An educated man without character and humility was more dangerous than a beast.
If his education was detrimental to the welfare of poor, he was a curse to
society.
-Babasaheb Dr B R Ambedkar
Please visit www.ambedkarscholarship.org

Have a burning question? Go to Yahoo! Answers and get answers from real people
who know.