Dear friends,
As you know we are honoring Ms Baby Kamble, author of “The Prisons We Broke” on
her 81st birthday on February 02, 2009 in her hometown near Pune.

Brother Vidyabhushan Rawat, a dedicated Ambedkarite and social activist from UP
is representing FFEI. Though a few I contacted in Mumbai (being locals to
Maharashtra) to help us with this task never responded (even for courtesy
sake), Vidya accepted it and coming on his own expenses. I am very thankful to
him for his gesture.

Now, I am asking a personal favor. I never cease to ask public favors, as I
believe social activists should work as a fraternity helping fellow activists
whenever and wherever it is possible. None of us can do social service in
isolation. I never shy of rendering my help wherever I can. Anyone who knows me
personally vouch for it. So, I feel, I have a right to ask it as well. So, here
is my request.

Can someone in Pune help us to accommodate Br Vidya for 2 days (1 and 2nd of
February 2009)? I am asking this requested though he never asked me for it. He
is spending from his pocket for travel expenses and I do not want him to spend
on hotels as well, if there is a possibility. Moreover, is it not good and
self-fulfilling to exchange views with a dedicated worker with same philosophy?

I am sure there are many social workers and Ambedkarites in Pune.
So, please respond as early as possible to avoid spending money on
accommodation. Appreciate your help.
With regardsBenjamin P Kaila

An educated man without character and humility was more dangerous than a beast.
If his education was detrimental to the welfare of poor, he was a curse to
society.
-Babasaheb Dr B R Ambedkar
Please visit www.ambedkarscholarship.org or www.friendsforeducation.org