Dear Br Ashok,
How do you do?
Congratulations for this action. I wish you and your organization get fruitful
results out of it.

Is there any agitation for Universal free and compulsory elementary education,
especially for Dalits? I wish Dalit organizations show more interest in getting
good education with well equipped school infrastructure at the elementary level
in ever Dalit ghetto. I feel, if we get proper education from the start, we do
not beg for any soaps from the uninterested and promises-for-the-sake-of-votes
governments. This road is more arduous, but there is no better strategy than
traveling through it.

Though sounding controversial, I ask, “How many of these Dalits availing
reservations and enjoying life competing with other influential castes are
helping their own people? And to what extent?”

I strongly believe that right kind of free and compulsory education for all is
the only way to uplift Dalit and other marginalized communities of all walks of
like.

If we go on harping on only reservations, the powers-that-be will always find
holes to avoid acting on any legislation or implement it half-heartedly. We
know what happened to the much-touted reservations in private sector by the
congress at the time of elections. I do not expect any better results from any
government as far as they do not believe in social justice.

Hope, some country wide agitation will be taken up by Dalit organizations for
improvement of elementary school education. We are the losers and we need to be
at the forefront, I feel.
Thanks
Benjamin
------