http://www.expressbuzz.com/edition/story.aspx?Title=Dalit+girl+gangraped+in+Uttar+Pradesh&artid=j51gMg0I8G4=&SectionID=b7ziAYMenjw=&MainSectionID=b7ziAYMenjw=&SectionName=pWehHe7IsSU=&SEO=rape,%20UP,%20dalit,%20girl

Dalit girl gangraped in Uttar Pradesh

IANS First Published : 12 Feb 2009 12:32:00 PM IST
Last Updated : LUCKNOW: A 15-year-old Dalit girl was abducted and
raped at gunpoint by two men in Uttar Pradesh's Kaushambhi district,
police said Thursday.

The girl, a resident of Mitupurwa village, was abducted by two men
when she was returning home from the fields Wednesday evening and
raped at gunpoint, police inspector Sudhir Pandey told IANS on phone.

Following a complaint by the victim's father, a rape case against the
two men was registered Thursday at the Khokhraj police station but the
accused are at large. Kaushambhi is over 230 km from Lucknow.

"We have sent the victim for a medical examination and are awaiting
the medical report," said Pandey.