Jai bheem Akhilesh,
One very good source to begin your search is with the following book which
is a very good over-view book(*People of India, National Series Vol. II: The
Scheduled Castes/K.S. Singh.* Revised edition. 1999, 1375 p., $66. ISBN
019564822-6.) There is an entry on Malas in this book. Not only that, nearly
all SC communities in the country are given brief treatment in this huge
book.
Best,
Chittibabu