http://indiatoday.intoday.in/site/Story/89298/India/Dalit+Maharashtra+minister+cries+insult+by+cop.html

Dalit Maharashtra minister cries insult by cop

Deepak Lokhande
Mumbai, March 22, 2010


Maharashtra minister of state for home Ramesh Bagwe has fired a
broadside against Pune police commissioner Satyapal Singh.

Bagwe claims Singh has been insulting him since the day he pointed out
that the commissioner had erred in removing police stations from Pune.

"All MLAs in Pune had written to Singh asking him not to remove the
chowkies .(But), a police station near Chabad House was removed and
the terrorists easily planted a bomb at the nearby German Bakery,"
Bagwe said.

He alleged that despite inputs that the Osho Commune and Chabad House
were on the terrorists' radar, Singh did little for security there.

The minister also said Singh did not attend meetings or make the
customary salute to him. Bagwe said Singh insulted him because he was
a Dalit.

"I am not saying he should stand up and salute me. But at least he
should attend a meeting when I inform him in advance," he added.

Bagwe also accused Singh of not updating him on the happenings in the
city. "I am often asked questions by the media. But Singh never briefs
me. It is quite embarrassing to say I don't have information," the
angry minister said.

Also, Bagwe's Z-class security was removed allegedly at Singh's
instance. He plans to write to Chief Minister Ashok Chavan about
Singh's behaviour.

Reply via email to