http://www.deccanchronicle.com/chennai/nlc-chief%E2%80%99s-wife-charged-harassment-dalit-692

NLC chief’s wife charged with harassment of Dalit

August 20th, 2010
DC Correspondent Share Buzz up!Tags: assaulting Dalit employee, NLC
chairman A.R. Ansari’s wife Aug. 19: Neyveli Lignite Corporation (NLC)
chairman A.R. Ansari’s wife has been charged with assaulting a Dalit
employee and her husband with misusing his ‘authority’ to get the
police to harass him.

Senthil Kumar, a Dalit from Panrutti who worked as cook at the
Ansaris’ residence in Neyveli for nearly three years from June 2006,
has moved the NHRC, National SC/ST Commission, state home secretary
and DGP among others, seeking action against Ms Ansari and inspector
of Neyveli city (division-8) Mr Sekar under the SC/ST (prevention of
atrocities) Act 1989. Ms Ansari has been accused of flinging her
footwear at Mr Senthil and police inspector Sekar beat up the cook and
foisted a ‘false case’ of theft at Mr Ansari’s behest.

In his complaint, Mr Senthil alleged that he was sacked on December 25
last year without reason and asked to report duty at a lignite mine.
However, the Dalit cook’s miseries continued, as he was sacked at the
mine a fortnight later. Surprisingly, Mr Senthil was summoned to Mr
Ansari’s house on June 17, 2010, and Ms Ansari accused him of
revealing their conversation to another NLC bureaucrat, Mr Senthil
told DC. He said Ms Ansari flung a slipper at him and threatened to
beat him up by engaging police, if he kept mum.

“Inspector Sekar arrived an hour later. He slapped me and accused me
of thievery,” Mr Senthil said, complaining that the assault continued
later at the police station too. “I and another cook were sent back
home after police obtained our fingerprints.”

Denying claims that his wife had flung footwear at the cook, Mr Ansari
said, “I filed a police complaint against the cook for stealing
valuables.”

PARTICIPATE:-
On this list you can share caste news, discuss caste issues and network with
like-minded anti-caste people from across India and the world. Just write to
zestcaste@yahoogroups.com

TELL FRIENDS TO SIGN UP:-
If you got this mail as a forward, subscribe to ZESTCaste by sending a blank
mail to zestcaste-subscr...@yahoogroups.com OR, if you have a Yahoo! ID, by

Also have a look at our sister list, ZESTMedia:

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: