Dear Dr. Mustafa
   
   I welcome your condemnation of these acts and would like to echo your 
thoughts. I am glad that you have come out with a statement at this delicate 
moment in Indian history. I have always been a firm believer of Indian 
secularism and would like to see Muslims play a major role in shaping the 
moderate, democratic and secular future of the country.
   
   I believe that we need to develop our own brand of forward thinking, 
moderate and peace loving Islam. We neeed Indian Muslims to stand out and prove 
to the world that Islam is not about violence and jihad. Having said that I 
feel sad that, this does not look like the way things are shaping up for. I 
live in the UK and everytime I go to India, I see a more violent and 
fundamentalist version of Islam. In India where masses worship (almost) cricket 
and Bollywood, a look at the number of Muslim Indians dominating these fields 
is proof enough of the secular country. I feel the  Indian Muslims will now 
have to stand up to the jihadi Muslim groups and make their own statement of 
moderation.
   
    I agree with your observation of the political game going on in the country 
and would not like to see any sect or religion being blamed for these inhuman 
acts. I also liked in your statement a mention of fact that the Muslim masses 
also need to come out enmasse to oppose these blasts, with the same fervor as 
they did to oppose Bush's India visit.
   
   I would like to know why a cartoon published in Denmark causes such emotions 
in common muslims while butchering of their Hindu brothers, in a temple, does 
not. I would like to see similar spontaneous supports from Muslim groups to 
condemn these blasts and then I would feel proud of being a secular Indian.
   
   Jai Hind
   
   Dr. Gaurav Gupta

(Text edited slightly by the Moderator)
   
   

Sherwani Mustafa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
            


         The Tuesday evening Varansi Serial blasts
reflect the magnitude of terrorism which is afflicting
our country, and has once again provided us with an
opportunity to get united in our ruthless crusade
against the perpetrators of these most inhuman crimes.
        
       At this critical moment, the nation must not
only cut across all religious and political barriers
in condemning this dastardly incident which has
claimed dozens of innocent lives, but must also
strengthen its resolve as a single entity to  finally
emancipate India from those forces which are hell bent
upon shattering its unified structure.
     
         While the national conscience is  filled with
outrage over  this savagery, it is  great misfortune
of our country that  even at this crucial  juncture,
some  politicians  have grabbed this tragedy to score
political  points by indulging in recriminations, and
some anti-national forces  have found  in the blood of
innocent victims the most auspicious occasion to 
promote their anti-Muslim ideology, and thus vitiate
the communal atmosphere in the country.    

        It is high time for the moral majority  to
prevail upon those  communal  elements who always 
remain on the lookout to victimize  Muslims, and send
a strong message to the world that India is a single
entity, and its pluralism has the capacity to
transform into  a unified whole when the nation is
confronted with  common threats to its unity and
integrity.           

           Our combined efforts once again spread the
message found in the following couplet of  Dr. Allama
Iqbal.

   ‘ Shakti  bhi  shanti   bhi  bhakton  ke  geet 
mein  hei,

Bharat  ke  vasiyon  ki  mukti  hi  preet  mein  hei’


( Both the strength and peace lies in the songs of the
saints,
The salvation of the Indians  lies only in  mutual
love’ )

Dr. Mustafa Kamal Sherwani
             LL.M.(Alig.), LL.D.(Lucknow)

Former President, All India Muslim Forum
3, Sherwani Nagar, Sitapur Road, Lucknow, India

Presently, Dean, Faculty of Law and Shariah
Zanzibar University, Tanzania
Mobile : 00255-777-420360



Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com 




--
This is ZESTGlobal. Post articles on international affairs to 
[email protected]

If you got this mail as a forward, subscribe to ZESTGlobal by sending a blank 
mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] OR, if you have a Yahoo! ID, by visiting 
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ZESTGlobal/join/ 



  SPONSORED LINKS 
        Writing book   Writing a book   Writing child book     Book writing 
software   Writing a book report   Business writing book 
    
---------------------------------
  YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS 

    
    Visit your group "ZESTGlobal" on the web.
    
    To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    
    Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service. 

    
---------------------------------
  



                
---------------------------------
To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Yahoo! 
Security Centre.




--
This is ZESTGlobal. Post articles on international affairs to 
[email protected]

If you got this mail as a forward, subscribe to ZESTGlobal by sending a blank 
mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] OR, if you have a Yahoo! ID, by visiting 
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ZESTGlobal/join/ 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ZESTGlobal/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to