You poem reminded me of my grandfather, who was the first person I lost, my first experienc with death - I am glad your poem has a happy ending; and time is indeed an illusion like everything else here on earth. Thank you Anita for the poem. It is one of those poems that rests quietly in one's mind and offers sucour at the appropriate time. Rumjhum
--- In [email protected], "Anita Vasudeva" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > While we're on parents, and I've been reading through some of the > wonderful stuff some of you have posted, here's one from last year > when my Dad was in hospital. > > One Skin > > I stroke his hand > loose, transparent folds of skin > barely covering fragile veins > stretching over fingers > still long and beautiful > ending at aristocratic blue-tinged nails. > > I place my vibrant hand > next to his, > almost ashamed by the > alive tightness of the skin, > the strength in its colour and control. > > We are the same, you and I, I tell him. > Your hand was once like mine > and mine will be like yours tomorrow. > And we both know > that Time is just an illusion. > > (c) Anita Vasudeva, Dec. 2004 > ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home page http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/yqIolB/TM --------------------------------------------------------------------~-> -- You are encouraged to post poetry, respond critically to the poems circulated and participate in discussions. To post, email your message to [email protected] OR post online at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ZESTPoets/post/ Tell friends to subscribe to ZESTPoets by sending a blank email to [EMAIL PROTECTED], OR, if they have a Yahoo! ID, by visiting http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ZESTPoets/join/ ---theZESTcommunity-------------- [1] ZESTCurrent: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ZESTCurrent/ [2] ZESTEconomics: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ZESTEconomics/ [3] ZESTGlobal: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ZESTGlobal/ [4] ZESTMedia: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ZESTMedia/ [5] ZESTPoets: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ZESTPoets/ [6] ZESTCaste: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ZESTCaste/ [7] ZESTAlternative: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ZESTAlternative/ [8] TalkZEST: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TalkZEST/ --- Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ZESTPoets/ <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
