Hi all,
I have not been active on this list... but here's a poem that I wrote a few months back when I used to work for a newspaper and I would be driven home very late, and this poem germinated on such journeys -
Aniruddha Dutta

Jouissance

People sleeping, sprawled on cold cement

On dust and hot dirt. Body broken up

In happy bits

On a cool spread of white…

I pause, hiccups stuck in my throat

Eyes on the patterned pavement lit under the last halogens

Of night,

Eyes on a fresh puddle of rainwater

On glistening tinfoil, garbage and grass

Mixing with hair… I watch, completely tense

Aware of my own tips and ends

Curdling

How past borders

And markings-off, deprived yet skilled,

Those bodies make it all their own

Under neon,

Beside downed shutters and spare trees.

To think, beside

Moving feet and whirling wheels,

May I lay myself down once? In a pool

Of parts let free of gazes? May I dissolve

Without a pillow? Without shame?

--
You are encouraged to post poetry, respond critically to the poems circulated and participate in discussions. To post, email your message to ZESTPoets@yahoogroups.com OR post online at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ZESTPoets/post/

Writing child book Writing book Business writing book
Book writing software Writing poetry Writing and publishing a book

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS