Duff,

You should resync with Lin Ling's putback for: PSARC 2007/342 "Enhanced ZFS
Pool Properties" from this morning.  It substantially changes the way the
pool properties are implemented, and should make implementing a new pool
property much easier.  (Also note, I fixed particular nastyness that you hit
as part of 6582456 "property code is overdue for some spring cleaning" on
August 2.)

What new pool properties are you working on?

--matt