I?m modifying OpenSolaris for use on a field system. Initially I need to modify
only the kernel. I plan to pick a stable version of OpenSolaris, apply my
kernel changes, build, and then perform a Cap-Eye Install. This will become the
image for my field machine. Since I haven?t BFU-ed, I can continue to install
packages on the field machine if necessary. ?All is good.

At some point in the future, I may need to modify OpenSolaris user space
utilities and libs. I believe this will require a BFU in order to ?install? my
user space changes. Once I BFU, I will no longer be able to install packages.
This means that my field system will be frozen at this point in time, and I
will not be able to add packages to the field machines. Is this correct?

Is there some way to modify OpenSolaris user space utilities and libs without
destroying the ability of the machine to install additional packages?

Duff
--
This messages posted from opensolaris.org