Hi there

Can a ZFS root participate in Live Upgrade, that is does luupgrade understand a ZFS root?

Tabriz Leman wrote:

All,

For those who haven't already gone through the painful manual process of setting up a ZFS Root, Tim Foster has put together a script. It is available on his blog (http://blogs.sun.com/roller/page/timf/20060425). I haven't tried it out, but am sure it is fabulous; thanks again Tim.

Tabriz

Lori Alt wrote:

We're aiming for a release of bootable zfs in update 4.
So it won't be available in SXCR very soon.  However,
we might be able to supply some parts of it, or at least
some improvements to the manual method, via Tabriz's blog
before then.  We'll have to look at it.

Lori

Dick Davies wrote:

Hi, I was just wondering if ZFS root is likely to be an install
option any time soon, either in SXCR or the June Solaris update?

The mechanism at Tabriz's blog seem to work well, but it'd be nice
to get it out of the box.