On Thu, Jun 08, 2006 at 03:43:08PM -0700, Robert Milkowski wrote:
> According to zfs(1M)
>
> "         -v       Print verbose information about the stream  and
>                   the time required to perform the receive.
> "
>
> However when using -v option I only get:
>
> receiving full stream of p6/[EMAIL PROTECTED] into nfs-s5-s8/[EMAIL PROTECTED]

If you are not getting a report of the time taken, that is a bug.
It works for me:

        # zfs send foo/[EMAIL PROTECTED] | zfs recv -v foo/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        receiving full stream of foo/[EMAIL PROTECTED] into foo/[EMAIL
PROTECTED]
        received 10.0Mb stream in 2 seconds (5.02Mb/sec)
        #

Note that the report of time taken is printed after the stream has been
successfully received.

You can see the code which calculates this in libzfs_dataset.c, at the
very end of zfs_receive(), under "if (verbose)".

--matt