Daniel Rock wrote:
Hi,

yesterday I implemented a simple hourly snapshot on my filesystems. I also regularly initiate a manual "zpool scrub" on all my pools. Usually the scrubbing will run for about 3 hours.

But after enabling hourly snapshots I noticed that zfs scrub is always restarted if a new snapshot is created - so basically it will never have the chance to finish:

# zpool scrub scratch
# zpool status scratch | grep scrub
 scrub: scrub in progress, 1.90% done, 0h0m to go
# zfs snapshot [EMAIL PROTECTED]
# zpool status scratch | grep scrub
 scrub: scrub stopped with 0 errors on Thu Jun 22 18:15:49 2006
# zpool status scratch | grep scrub
 scrub: scrub in progress, 7.36% done, 0h1m to go
# zfs snapshot [EMAIL PROTECTED]
# zpool status scratch | grep scrub
 scrub: scrub stopped with 0 errors on Thu Jun 22 18:16:08 2006
# zpool status scratch | grep scrub
 scrub: scrub in progress, 0.64% done, 0h0m to go

The pool above is otherwise completely idle.

Is this the expected behaviour?
How can I manually scrub the pools if snapshots are created on a regular basis?

This is a know issue:

6343667 need itinerary so interrupted scrub/resilver doesn't have to start over

  -Mark