Or if you have the right patches ...

http://blogs.sun.com/roller/page/torrey?entry=really_big_luns

Cindy Swearingen wrote:
Hi Julian,

Can you send me the documentation pointer that says 2 TB isn't supported
on the Solaris 10 6/06 release?

The  2 TB limit was lifted in the Solaris 10 1/06 release, as described
here:

http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/817-5093/6mkisoq1j?a=view#ftzen

Thanks,

Cindy

J.P. King wrote:
Well if in fact sd/ssd with EFI labels still have limit to 2TB than
create SMI label with one slice representing whole disk and then put
zfs on that slice. Eventually manually turn on write cache then.

Well, in fact it turned out that the firmware on the device needed upgrading to support the appropriate SCSI extensions.

The documentation is still wrong in that it suggests that the ssd/sd driver shouldn't work with >2TB, but I am happy, so no problem.

Julian
--
Julian King
Computer Officer, University of Cambridge, Unix Support