After reading the ditto blocks blog (good article, btw), an idea occurred to me:

Since we use ditto blocks to preserve critical filesystem data, would it be practical to add a filesystem property that would cause all files in a filesystem to be stored as mirrored blocks?

That would allow a dual-copy behavior selectable on a filesystem boundary even in a vdev pool.

That could be handy for those that have a little bit of critical data and a lot of not-so-critical data.