Brad,

I'm investigating a similar issue and would like to get a coredump if you have one available.

Thanks,
George

Brad Plecs wrote:
I have similar problems ... I have a bunch of D1000 disk shelves attached via
SCSI HBAs to a V880. If I do something as simple as unplug a drive in a raidz vdev, it generates SCSI errors that eventually freeze the entire system. I can
access the filesystem okay for a couple minutes until the SCSI bus resets, then
I have a frozen box. I have to stop-a/sync/reset. If I offline the device before unplugging the drive, I have no problems. Yeah, sure, I know you're supposed to offline it first, but I'm trying to test unexpected failures. If the power supplies fail on one of my shelves, the data will be intact, but the system will hang. This is good, but not great, since I really want this to be a high-availability system.
I believe this is a failure of the OS, controller, or SCSI driver to isolate
the bad device and let the rest of the system operate, rather than a ZFS issue.