Bennett, Steve wrote:
Lori said:

The limitation is mainly about the *number* of disks
that can be accessed at one time.
But with straight mirroring, there's no such problem
because any disk in the mirror can supply all of the
disk blocks needed to boot.

Does that mean that these restrictions will go away once replication can
be varied on a per dataset (or per file) basis? You could have all your
'essential to boot' files mirrored across all disks, then raidz2 the
rest...

Maybe.  It depends on how per-file replication is implemented.
I don't think we've made any design decisions at this time that
would prevent that from working in the future.

Lori