Robert Milkowski wrote:

On Wed, 6 Sep 2006, Mark Maybee wrote:

Robert Milkowski wrote:

::dnlc!wc

 1048545 3145811 76522461

Well, that explains half your problem... and maybe all of it:

After I reduced vdev prefetch from 64K to 8K for last few hours system is working properly without workaround and free memory stays at about 1GB.

Reducing vdev prefetch to 8K alse reduced read thruoutput 10x.

I belive this is somehow related - maybe vdev cache was so aggressive (I got 40-100MB/s of reads) and consuming memory so fast that thread which is supposed to regain some memory couldn't keep up?

I suppose, although the data volume doesn't seem that high... maybe you
are just operating at the hairy edge here.  Anyway, I have filed a bug
to track this issue:

6467963 do_dnlc_reduce_cache() can be blocked by ZFS_OBJ_HOLD_ENTER()

-Mark