> Dunno about eSATA jbods, but eSATA host ports have
> appeared on at least two HDTV-capable DVRs for storage
> expansion (looks like one model of the Scientific Atlanta
> cable box DVR's as well as on the shipping-any-day-now
> Tivo Series 3).
>
> It's strange that they didn't go with firewire since it's
> already widely used for digital video.

Cost? If you use eSata it's pretty much just a physical connector onto
the board, whereas I guess firewire needs a 1394 interface (couple of
dollars?) plus a royalty to all the patent holders.

It's probably not much, but I can't see how there can be *any* margin in
consumer electronics these days...

Steve.