I believe I am experiencing a similar, but more severe issue and I do not know how to resolve it. I used liveupgrade from s10u2 to NV b46 (via solaris express release). My second disk is zfs with the file system fitz. I did a 'zpool export fitz'

Reboot with init 6 into new environment, NV b46, I get the following error:
cannot mount '/fitz' : directory is not empty
svc:/system/filesystem/local:default: WARNING: /usr/sbin/zfs mount -a failed: exit status 1 svc.startd[7]: svc:/system/filesystem/local:default: Method "/lib/svc/method/fs-local" failed with exit status 95.

zfs list = nothing listed.

There is already a /fitz directory filled with the zpool fitz files on mounted. Since filesystem/local svc won't start, I cannot start X, which is critical to using the computer. I now see that there was no real need to export the pool fitz and that I should have just imported it once in the new BE. How can I now solve this issue? (BTW, attempting to boot back into s10u2, the original BE, results in a kernel panic, so I cannot go back).

thanks,

aric

--On September 21, 2006 10:01:28 AM -0700 Haik Aftandilian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> sent:

I did a liveupgrade from NV b41 to b47 and I still ran into this
problem on one of my ZFS mounts. Both mounts failed to mount in the
new BE because directories were created for the mount points, but
only one of the mounts actually had its data copied into the BE. I
checked /etc/default/lu and I do have the fix for

  6335531 Liveupgrade should not copy zfs file systems into new BEs

which was putback to build 27. Here's my configuration

# zfs list
NAME                   USED  AVAIL  REFER  MOUNTPOINT
scratch               3.07G  39.5G  3.07G  /scratch
twosyncs              52.1G   176G  24.5K  /twosyncs
twosyncs/home         52.1G   176G  25.5K  /export/home
twosyncs/home/haik    52.1G   176G  51.4G  /export/home/haik

The data in /scratch was copied into a /scratch directory in the new
BE. /export/home/haik wasn't copied into the new BE, but directories
were created in the new BE preventing it from mounting on boot.