Michael Phua - PTS wrote:
Hi,

Our customer has an Sun Fire X4100 with Solaris 10 using ZFS and a HW RAID
array (STK D280).

He has extended a LUN on the storage array and want to make this new size
known to ZFS and Solaris.

Does anyone know if this can be done and how it can be done.

Unfortunately, there's no good way to do this at the moment.

When you give ZFS the whole disk, we put a EFI label on the disk and make one big slice for our use. However, when the LUN grows, that slice stays the same size. ZFS needs to write a new EFI label describing the new size, before it can use the new space. I've filed bug 6475340 to track this issue.

As a workaround, it *should* be possible to manually relabel the device with format(1m), but unfortunately bug 4967547 (a problem with format) prevents this from working correctly.

--matt