On Oct 10, 2006, at 11:13 AM, Marion Hakanson wrote:

While trouble shooting a full-disk scenario I booted from DVD after   adding
two new disks. Still under DVD boot I created a pool from   those two disks
and moved iso images I had downloaded to the zfs   filesystem. Next I fixed
my grub, exported the zpool and rebooted.

Now zpool import comes up empty. Have I lost all my data on that ZFS?   How
can I check?

Sorry if I'm stating something too basic here -- no insult intended....

no problem :>)

It sounds like the on-disk Solaris isn't aware of the new drives.  Did you
do a reconfigure-boot after adding them?  Do they show up as "configured"
in a "cfgadm -al" list?

I can see and access the disks with prtvtoc. cfgadm returns

cfgadm: Configuration administration not supported

--
Jan Hendrik Mangold
 Sun Microsystems

"idle hands are the developers workshop"